Get everyone together and enjoy family pizza night with this amazing no chicken curry pizza! Ready in less than an hour and made with healthy, wholesome ingredients, no one will believe you made this pizza yourself. The next time you’re getting ready to order from your favorite takeaway place, put down the phone and whip up this vegan pizza instead. You’ll be glad you did!
What is a no chicken curry pizza?
This pizza really looks, smells and tastes just like a chicken curry pizza — but it’s 100% plant-based. Those golden brown bites of deliciousness you can see in the photos aren’t chicken at all. They’re soy meat bites.
It’s really easy to make the soy meat bites taste and look just like curry chicken. Seriously: they’re so similar you could easily pass them off as real curry chicken and your friends and family would never guess the difference.
If you’re using dry soy meat bites, start off by boiling them in water to rehydrate them. If you’re using regular soy meat bites, you can skip this step. Then dredge the bites in a mix of rice flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. After that, fry each bite in a tiny bit of oil until golden brown on each side. Voilà — you’ve got 100% plant-based curry chicken bites.
How to make a healthy pizza
Pizza has got a terrible reputation as one of the unhealthiest foods there is. But it doesn’t have to be. Just a few small substitutions and you’ve got yourself a healthy vegan pizza you can enjoy any night of the week.
Instead of regular mozzarella, this pizza uses dairy-free mozzarella. This helps lower the saturated fat a pizza normally has significantly. It also uses soy meat bites instead of chicken, keeping the pizza entirely plant-based, low in cholesterol and high in nutrition.
Finally, because you’re making this pizza yourself and not ordering it from a restaurant, you get to decide what the base is made from. If you need it to be gluten-free, use a gluten-free base. Or if you want to increase your fibre intake, choose a whole wheat pizza base. This is one of the best things about cooking at home — you get to decide what goes into your food and adjust the ingredients to suit your diet.
How long will this no chicken curry pizza last?
If you love to plan ahead, you can prep this no chicken curry pizza the night before you want to serve it. Simply follow the directions below, but don’t bake the pizza. Instead, cover it in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge until you’re ready to eat. Then preheat the oven to 200C/400F as the recipe says and bake it for 10-15 minutes until the cheese melts.
Wrap any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to two days. Although this pizza really does taste so fantastic, I’d be shocked if you had any leftovers!
What to serve with his no chicken curry pizza
You can never go wrong with french fries. And that’s exactly what I recommend serving with this no chicken curry pizza — air-fryer sweet potato fries. You could also try this incredibly creamy potato salad made with cashew mayo. If you’re looking for some extra dipping or drizzling sauces to go with your pizza, I recommend creamy vegan Italian dressing for a light zesty punch. You can also sprinkle over some vegan parmesan for extra cheesiness.
No Chicken Curry Pizza Recipe
- 4 oz dry soy meat bites
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large pizza crust
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella grated
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Add the dry soy meat bites into a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until soft. Drain and leave to cool. (If you’re using regular soy meat instead of dry soy meat, skip this step. Use 12oz of soy meat and skip the soaking.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the rice flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix so all the ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Dredge each soy meat bite into the rice flour mixture you made in the step in above. Make sure they’re all well coated. Set to one side.
- Place a skillet over a medium heat, drizzle in a little oil and add the coated soy bites. Cook the bites for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove the bites from the skillet, set to one side and repeat until you’ve used up all the soy bites.
- Put the pizza crust on a pizza stone or in a pizza pan.
- Spread over a thin layer of BBQ sauce then sprinkle over the vegan mozzarella cheese, soy meat bites and sliced red onion.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle over some fresh cilantro before serving. You can also add more BBQ sauce if you’re a big BBQ sauce fan.