Need a total crowd-pleaser to serve your friends? Or want something rich and comforting to snack on? Then you need this dairy-free creamy spinach dip in your life! Loaded with nutritious veggies and a heavenly cheese-like sauce, this vegan dip is guaranteed to be love at first bite.
When you serve this up, your friends will be so wowed by the moreish flavors and amazing texture that they’ll think you spent hours in the kitchen whipping it up. You’ll be the only one who knows how quick and simple it really is to prepare.
All the cheesiness with none of the dairy
This spinach dip is so deliciously rich, incredibly creamy and wonderfully cheesy that you’ll hardly believe it’s 100% vegan and dairy-free. But it really is! It gets its amazingly smooth texture from a cheese-like sauce made from cashew nuts and soy milk. Cashews are loaded with heart-healthy fats that create an addictive velvet-like texture without any of the dairy.
It’s not just the texture of this spinach dip that’s convincingly cheesy. It really tastes like cheese, too. The super simple dairy-free vegan parmesan and nutritional yeast are what give this dip its classic umami flavor. If you’ve been missing traditional cheesy dishes since you switched to a plant-based diet, you’ll absolutely fall head over heels in love with this dip.
One of my favorite things to do to make this spinach dip even cheesier is add more dairy-free parmesan. You can sprinkle extra parmesan on top of the dish before it goes in the oven or stir an extra ½ cup into the cooked veggies.
Whatever you do, make sure you use my dairy-free parmesan cheese in the recipe. I know it’s easy to go to the store and just buy vegan parmesan. But putting in the extra effort to make your own dairy-free cheese is definitely worth it. You can taste the difference in every bite.
If you’re short on time or the incredible smell of sauteed veggies and creamy cashew sauce is just too much for you, you can skip the baking part of this recipe. This dip tastes just as good fresh from the stove as it does straight from the oven. I love eating it this way and it speeds up the cooking process by 10-15 minutes.
Looking for more healthy vegan dips?
This vegan spinach dip is a great thing to serve friends at a party. But you can’t serve just 1 dip, right? If you’re looking for more healthy dips, check out this easy avocado hummus. It’s a delicious spin on classic hummus with a super smooth texture. Or whip up this creamy vegan pesto that takes just 2 minutes to make.
What to serve with the best ever dairy-free creamy spinach dip
This dairy-free creamy spinach dip tastes amazing on its own. (Just try not to eat spoonfuls of the stuff while you’re making it — I dare you!) But there are loads more creative ways you can use it, too. You can serve it up with crackers, toasted baguette or raw veggies and enjoy it as a party food with friends. You can use it as a spread to make your favorite lunchtime sandwiches and wraps even better. Or you can use it as a thick and creamy sauce for pizzas and pastas. Go wild!
The Best Ever Dairy-Free Creamy Spinach Dip
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drain and chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Add the cashews into a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for 15-20 minutes then drain.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the soaked cashews, soy milk, vegan mayo, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture into a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Whisk until the mixture is hot and thick. Set aside.
- Drizzle vegetable oil into a large pan. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the chopped spinach and artichokes. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in the cashew sauce you made earlier, stir everything together and remove from the heat.
- Place into a baking dish and sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 200C/400F for 10-15 minutes until the top turns golden brown.