Celebrate summer and the clear blue skies, dazzling sunshine and long, balmy nights it brings with it with this incredible vegan Italian pasta salad. Simple enough to whip up for a last-minute get together and fancy enough to impress your friends and family when you serve it, this plant-based pasta salad is a total crowd pleaser. Plus it can be made with gluten-free pasta so everyone can enjoy some.
The best of both worlds
There’s nothing worse than feeling hot and sluggish after a heavy meal in the middle of the day during summer. That’s where this vegan Italian pasta salad comes in! It’s loaded with fibre which will leave you feeling happily full, while being light and zesty enough to also make you feel refreshed and ready for more fun in the sun.
With picnics, barbecues and beach days, it can be so easy to let your healthy eating routine slip during summer. This vegan Italian pasta salad is a great way to pack loads of nutrition and wholesome goodness into a single meal. Each serving contains 5 different types of good-for-you veggies, plus antioxidant-rich olives and fibre-filled pasta.
If there are any vegetables in the ingredients list you’re not a fan of, you can skip them or swap them out for something you do like. That’s one of the things I really love about this vegan Italian pasta salad. It’s so versatile that you can customize it to suit everyone’s taste buds and diets.
Make the homemade dressing
One of the reasons this Italian pasta salad is so incredible is because it’s made with a homemade Italian dressing. While you can use store-bought Italian dressing, I definitely recommend you take the time to make your own dressing. All you need are basic kitchen staples and less than 5 minutes to create one of the creamiest, most delicious vegan salad dressings you’ll ever have in your life!
Extra tip for extra flavor
If you want to make this vegan Italian pasta salad taste even better. Make it a day or so in advance. Follow the recipe below then cover the bowl in plastic wrap or place it inside an air-tight container. Leave in the refrigerator overnight. When you do this, all the flavors of the veggies and the homemade Italian dressing have time to develop and taste amazing.
Believe me, it’s definitely worth the wait. Try a bit of the pasta salad as soon as you make it and then try it the next day when the flavors have had time to properly infuse. You won’t believe the difference!
What to serve with this Italian pasta salad
This Italian pasta salad is an amazing thing to eat on its own at a warm summer’s picnic. The chilled ingredients and zingy dressing are so refreshing on a hot day. But this pasta salad is so delicious it pretty much goes with everything. Try serving it as a side dish paired with these air fryer parmesan shrimp or these no flour vegetable lentil fritters and watch the smiles on your family’s faces grow!
Vegan Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb fusilli or rotini pasta gluten-free
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 can (9.87 oz) artichokes drained and chopped
- 6 oz black olives drained, rinsed, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups Italian dressing (1 batch)
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions. When cooked, use a colander to drain the pasta and rinse with cool water to stop it cooking further. Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl.
- Add the red pepper, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, artichokes, olives and parsley into the bowl and mix.
- Pour over the Italian dressing and toss to combine with the pasta.
- Serve the pasta salad immediately or cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.