Vegan Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
Each serving contains 5 different types of good-for-you veggies, plus antioxidant-rich olives and fibre-filled pasta.
- 1 lb fusilli or rotini pasta gluten-free
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 can (9.87 oz) artichokes drained and chopped
- 6 oz black olives drained, rinsed, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups Italian dressing (1 batch)
Cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water according to the package directions. When cooked, use a colander to drain the pasta and rinse with cool water to stop it cooking further. Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl.
Add the red pepper, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, artichokes, olives and parsley into the bowl and mix.
Pour over the Italian dressing and toss to combine with the pasta.
Serve the pasta salad immediately or cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 402mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 983IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg